Saturday, May 14, 2011

Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to my blog.

This is my first blog ever, so forgive me if and when I make mistakes.

A little bit about me and the purpose of this blog:

I am currently going into my senior year at Clemson University and am majoring in Food Science with an emphasis on Culinology (fancy way of saying that I like to cook).  That being said, I have never worked in a professional kitchen before (hence the title of this blog).  In the next couple of weeks I will be starting a culinary internship at Restaurant Eugene in Atlanta, Georgia where I will be working in a professional kitchen.  As part of my internship, I have to keep a journal or a log of what I did and learned during my internship.  Over the years, I've seen some other people that were doing their culinary internship keep their journal as a blog and I thought, "I should do that when I am doing my culinary internship." so, here we are.

To put it simply, this blog is a fun way for me to keep up with what my professors require for my internship.  However, it also serves as a great way for family and friends know exactly what I am doing during my internship (which is great because I hate having to tell people the same thing over and over and over...).

I am going to try my hardest to post something every day of my internship, but I am liable to miss a few days here and there.  I'm also going to post pictures of things I made in the kitchen or things that I experience in the kitchen.

So, I think those are the basics (or at least everything I can think of right now).

Till next time,

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment